Christina M. Hinke
Christina M. Hinke has written feature stories for The Associated Press; published works include travel and entertainment features, celebrity interviews and book reviews. She currently covers arts and entertainment, travel and books for a variety of national and local publications, as well as hard news reports. Her feature writing style evokes a warm, easy feeling, though she can transform routine content into sharp, witty pieces.
photo by Yana Toyber.
Book Reviewer - Publishers Weekly, New York, NY, December 2005-Present
- Write book reviews on fiction books. Contribute author Q&A's.
Freelance Writer - Woman's Day, New York, NY, September 2006-Present
- Contribute travel feature stories.
Writer - Picture Magazine, New York, NY, August 2005-Present
- Write cover stories, features and photographer profiles.
- Write "Snaps" column for bi-monthly magazine for the emerging professional photographer. The column informs photographers on "what's hot" and new in the industry. Covers new models, magazines, art books, photo exhibits, photography trade shows and fairs, and more.
- Write Advertising column.
- Gather photos, interview professionals in the field, and generate ideas for the column.
Editor, part-time - The Westfield Leader, Westfield, NJ, Feb. 2008-Present
- Edit state government, local government, business and education news and feature stories for the weekly newspaper.
Stringer - The Westfield Leader, Westfield, NJ, June 2007-Present
- Write news stories and arts and entertainment features. Cover an assignment beat of education news and town planning and zoning laws.
Contributing Writer - Jersey City Magazine, Hoboken, NJ, January 2007-Present
- Write features about the arts and entertainment scene in Jersey City, NJ.
Freelance Fact-Checker - Sherman's Travel, New York, NY, August 2006-Present
- Research and fact-check a variety of columns and articles for the national travel magazine.
Senior Editor - World Screen, New York, NY, Sept. 2007-2008
- Edited, proofread and fact-checked features and Q&A’s for the international television business magazine.
Freelance Writer - TimesSquare.com, New York, NY, August 2006-2008
- Contributed Q&A stories based on interviews with actors.
Contributing Writer - New York Woman , New York, NY, January 2007
- Wrote Q&A about Cate Blanchett and the movie she stars in "Notes on a Scandal".
Contributing Writer/Entertainment Correspondent - Exit,Patterson, NJ, October 2005-December 2006
- Wrote features and Q&A articles on films based on interviews with actors and directors for Exit, an alternative weekly for northern New Jersey (now defunct).
- Arranged and conducted interviews with actors, directors, producers and writers.
- Pitched story ideas.
Contributing Writer - Gateway Guide, Hoboken, NJ, November 2005-2007
- Wrote travel stories for Gateway Guide, a quarterly travel magazine in New Jersey (now on hiatus).
- Obtained photos and submitted own photos for stories.
- Interviewed business professionals and the public.
Writer - NewYorkCool.com, New York, NY, June 2005-2007
- Reported on arts and entertainment in New York City.
- Reviewed film, theatre and art.
- Interviewed actors, directors and artists for news features.
Fact Checker (freelance) - The History Channel, New York, NY, March 2005-March 2006
- Checked facts in scripts before they aired on television.
- Fact-checked script for "The Last Days of World War 2".
- Researched current events happening with Yukos Oil Co. in Siberia for a television script.
- Fact-checked script for "Countdown to Armageddon" and updated current events.
- Researched current events on the International Space Station and NASA for "Modern Marvels" television script. Fact-checked and rewrote part of the script.
Feature Story Writer (freelance) - The Associated Press, New York, NY, 2002-2004
- Wrote feature stories distributed over the AP Wire and published in newspapers nationwide.
- Article topics included entertainment, travel and book reviews.
- Procured and conducted interviews with musicians.
- Research and fact checking. Pitched story ideas.
Marketing Manager - Various companies 1995-2005
Worked with news organization; architect and design firm; advertising agency; financial advisor; and art gallery.
- Wrote and edited sales, marketing and promotional materials.
- Copywriter for Web sites, advertisements and marketing collateral.
- Provided proofreading and editing services.
- In-depth research and fact checking.
- Researched competitors and wrote reports analyzing company financials, products, etc.
- Managed projects and staff.
New York University, New York, NY
Journalism Certificate, July 2005
Grade Average: A.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
B.S., Business Administration, dual major Marketing and Human Resources Management, 1995
|SAP||FileMaker Pro||Adobe||Mac||Snap Surveys||ArtBase||Access||PaintShop Pro|